No replies to this topic

#1 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWeston Point, Runcorn

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

Runcorn Town can announce a Deadline Day signing with Kieran Evans joining the club on loan for the remainder of the season from National League side Chester FC.

Kieran (middle row, far right on picture) made his First Team debut in 2014, and has made several starts for the club since. A full-back, he has progressed through from the Youth Team where he has made over 50 appearances in the past two years. He is highly regarded at Chester where he has been involved with the First Team this season, with Town manager Chris Herbert delighted to get him for the run-in.

Herbert said "Kieran is someone I've worked with at Chester FC, he has huge potential, and is very highly thought of at Chester. He is a left back by trade but can play anywhere on the left, has bags of energy and is a lot stronger in the air and in a tackle than he might look."

"I spoke to Macca (Jon McCarthey) about him and he wants him to be pushing for a first team place next season. He sees that sending Kieran in to us for the rest of the season will give him the experience to progress as Chester want him to. So it's a good opportunity for Kieran to go and show he has what it takes to make the grade at Chester.

"If we can help the lad achieve this, then it works out well all round. I am delighted with the signing."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users