No replies to this topic

#1 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 171 posts
  • LocationWeston Point, Runcorn

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

Runcorn Town have boosted their firepower for the final two months of the Hallmark Security League season with the capture of Mark Reed from Glossop North End.

Reed is the all time leading goalscorer at Evostik League side Buxton having hit 251 in 469 games before moving to Glossop North End in March 2015. He helped them to win the Hallmark Security League Premier Division title, and has played over 75 games for the Hillmen since then. As well as Buxton, Reed had a spell playing for Chester FC in the 2011/12 season.

Chris Herbert said of the signing "We are delighted to get Reedy in with us. Both myself and Macca have tried to sign him in the past in his time at Buxton, and the timing of him coming in now is perfect. We felt we needed the extra goals if we are to get to where we want to be and I know that Reedy can score goals for us.

"At training on Wednesday you can see wat he can add to the team, he is a proper striker, is experienced, talks well on the pitch, and has the know how we have probably been lacking recently when goal scoring opportunities are going begging. He will finish them off.

"People will ask is he the same player he was, but I've watched him many times over the last two or three seasons at both Buxton and Glossop and he is always someone you want with you rather than against you. He is very fit, still has pace, and the biggest thing for me is that he is still hungry to score goals and do well. He is the perfect fit for us, and I know he will take us to the next level and take pressure off Craig Cairns on the goal scoring front.

"We are very happy with our business over the last week in bringing in both Louis Moss and Mark Reed, and now we have to make it work on the pitch in what is a huge week coming up for the club."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users